Peripheral arterial disease, or PAD, can be a wake-up call for more extensive problems such as heart disease.
We often think of clogged artery disease, or arteriosclerosis, as something that only happens in the heart. Yet for some people, the leg pain caused by PAD acts as an “early warning” that someone is at high risk for a heart attack or a stroke.
- Coldness in the lower leg or foot, especially when compared with the other side
- Leg numbness or weakness
- No pulse or a weak pulse in the legs or feet
- Painful cramping in one or both of the hips, thighs, or calf muscles after certain activities, such as walking or climbing stairs
- Shiny skin on the legs
- Skin color changes on the legs
- Studies have also suggested that early vascular care intervention increases life expectancy in PAD patients.
- Blood vessel inflammation
- Injury to the arms or legs
- Changes in the muscles or ligaments
- Radiation exposure
To schedule a free screening at a VidaVascular office in Northern Virginia (convenient to Springfield, Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington, Woodbridge), Maryland (convenient to National Harbor, Oxon Hill, Waldorf, La Plata, and Clinton), and Washington DC., Call us today! 866-800-2346
Visit Us at: https://www.vidavascular.com/arterial-disease/